Ribbons and Bows Cakes recognises the importance of your privacy. We hold personal information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection of your personal information
We only collect your personal information where that personal information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Depending on your relationship with us, this personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- in the case of our retail consumers, your full name, physical address, email address, phone number/s, food preferences and dietary information and date of birth;
- in the case of our suppliers, your name, physical address, email address and phone number/s;
- in the case of employment candidates, information which may be contained in a resume and which may be recorded during any interview or pre-employment checking; and
- in the case of trade credit applicants, information which we may require to assess your credit worthiness, for example your credit or business history.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you. However, in certain circumstances, we may ask that you provide us with certain health information (such as when you contact our consumer information service or apply for employment with us).
You may notify us that you wish to deal with us by not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, if we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with the products, services, information or assistance you require.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you contact us via telephone, email or our website or other electronic means;
- when you sign up to receive marketing materials;
- when you enter a competition;
- when you apply for employment with us and during the recruitment process;
- when you conduct business with us;
- when you apply for trade credit with us;
- when you provide your information to our staff; and
- when you supply goods and/or services to us.
When collecting this personal information, we will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We may use third party service providers, to collect and store personal information on our behalf.
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will only collect personal information about you from you directly and not from third parties. However, in some instances, this will not be practicable. In some cases, we collect personal information about you from publicly available sources (such as the internet) and from third parties (such as your referees provided during the recruitment process if you apply for a job with us).
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We will use personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. The primary purpose of collection is the main reason we collect your personal information in the first instance. For a supplier, the primary purpose may be to maintain a business relationship with you and facilitate and fulfil an order for your product(s), for a customer, it may be to fulfil an order for our products or in connection with our marketing activities. We will only use personal information beyond the primary purpose where it is related to that purpose or where you consent to the further use.
Generally speaking, Ribbons and Bows Cakes uses and discloses personal information for purposes such as:
- for future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
- to facilitate, maintain and continue a business relationship with suppliers or distributors, including fulfilling orders;
- to fulfil orders for our products placed by customers;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers;
- for market research to understand and better serve our customers, and improve the quality and level of the products we offer to customers;
- to consider applications for employment;
- to consider applications for trade credit; and
- for statistical purposes.
The types of persons and organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include the following:
- organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
- organisations who are contracted by us to perform certain services, including to maintain our website and the personal information collected on our website;
- our legal advisors, when needed; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Ribbons and Bows Cakes does not share your personal information with any other company for that company’s direct marketing services. For clarity, we may share your personal information to our service providers who may use the personal information for direct marketing services on our behalf, however, we will not share your personal information with other companies for the purpose of those companies marketing their own products to you unless we specifically ask for and receive your permission to do so.
Links to Other Sites
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1988 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information by contacting us on the details provided below. We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws.
Inquiries and Complaints
If you wish to access or correct your personal information, or if you have any concerns or inquiries about how we deal with your personal information, you should contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone on 03 9482 5888.
This policy was most recently updated on 1 June 2017.